Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Gee, I rock?

I fancy myself more of a techno-girl. I get all giddy with computer-generated drumbeats, synthesizers and faraway voices. I hear a dance tune a la 1989 and I get all glassy-eyed.

However, there is a new award floating around the blogosphere. So new I was completely unaware of it until Ms. Jenn in Holland nominated me for one.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you're favorite fag hag has been bestowed:


These things still take my breath away. I just turn on my computer and write what comes to mind. The fact a few of you comment makes me feel like there a others out in cyberland who understand.

But when one of you gives me an acknowledgement like this, well, I'm still gasping for air.

Like all awards, it must be shared. So my list will be a bit odd, because that is how I am.

1. Alex Elliot - I've said it before and I will say it again, Alex makes me feel like I am not alone in this crazy journey. She is funny, thoughtful and informative.

2. The Blog Exchange - the insanely talented Kristen Chase created and maintains the Blog Exchange among other endeavours, plus being a superior mom to two kids. It is by far my favorite "activity" that I have found so far (and no not because I finally got a couple of Best of nods). I have made wonderful friends through the exchange, found new sites to read and have been challenged to write topics I wouldn't have attempted. Oh yeah, and the three people I encouraged to join in all received Best of nods their first time in. I know how to pick 'em, yup.

3. Kate - The Pillow was packed in a box for a while but my hope is it comes out of the crate soon and is fluffed up. I went on a Blogher discussion group for working moms a couple of days after starting my blog. Kate was the ally I needed as I tripped my way through blogging. Plus, it was through her that I found The Blog Exchange. And her masthead is just awesome.

Now for the slight tweaking of the awards.

As Stephen Colbert says "I don't see race", I've been surprised at how I don't see gender among my fellow bloggers. Seriously, I think of all of you as people first. So I'm naming the following two as honorary Rockin' Girl Bloggers (both of you can feel free to ignore me or show this off with pride):

4. Gunfighter - for the exchange about bummer stickers and poverty alone he Rocks. He's a blogger who really makes people think, is hysterically funny and gets under people's skin. Seriously, he's got some folks in a dander over writing about girls whimpering or some such thing.

5. The Ambassador - o.k. so maybe I shouldn't be giving awards to people I knew BEFORE BLOGGING BEGAN but this guy was blogging before me as he dealt with the exodus from New Orleans post-Katrina. But I happen to know that he can walk in high heels better than me and knows how to wear mascara. Sorry but that makes him, at times, more girlie than me. Not that that is very difficult to do.

Although guys, if you would prefer the Rockin' Guy Blogger badge, I can send that along.

So rock on everyone. Feel free to pass this along or ignore it. Just know I think you are fab.

3 comments:

Jenn in Holland said...

Hehe! I really wanted to pass it to those "boys" too! I am so glad you did! (Cuz I love them)
And Alex! And The Blog Exchange!
And now I am off to meet Kate!

Congratulations, Rockin' TECHNO girl! It's a nod well deserved! (even if I say so myself. Again.)

Gunfighter said...

An award? Oh, you shouldn't have!

I'd like to thank all of the following greedy asshole Republicans that made this possible:

"Shotgun" Dick Cheney, for believing himself to be above the law.

Lewis "Scooter" Libby for thinking that lying to the FBI under oath is less of a crime than stealing a purse.

Alberto "Gonzo" Gonzales, who, as the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in these United States sets a great ethical example for the rest of us.

...and all of the other Greedy Asshole Republicans that believe that cutting the taxes of the rich while asking the poor and working class to fight two simultaneous wars is a good thing.

Thanks for the nod, Alison! You're the best!

Motherhood Uncensored said...

Thanks so much Allison!