Monday, September 21, 2009

Beautiful Day

A while ago, one of my boys declared that particular day was "a BEAUTIFUL day!" His exuberance caused me to break into U2's 2000 hit which led him to demand to hear the real version (as if my rendition somehow paled to Bono's).

And so a U2 fan was born.

When U2 announced their 2009 tour dates I promptly asked my husband (aka Amazing Guy) if we could take the boys to the show. He grumpily agreed to purchase three tickets but was convinced there was no way two 9-year-old boys would appreciate the value of these tickets.

Leading up to their birthday I cut out a U and a 2 from posterboard and plastered images of the band on them. I also included a note in each gift explaining they were being taken to the U2 concert on September 21st.

The evening of their birthday, after dinner, they were given their gifts. New ball caps, Elvis Pez dispensers, a DS game, and other items were unwrapped and appreciated. Then they opened the "big" gifts.

And stared blankly at the large U and large 2 in their hands. I finally mentioned the note and one guy picked it up and started reading.

And they started yelling.

And crying.



And fell to the floor.



And got up and hugged each other, yelling.

Then ran to me and Amazing Guy to hug us.

And Amazing Guy was crying too.





It truly was a beautiful day. And will be tonight at the concert.

4 comments:

Goofball said...

have fun fun fun tonight! It will be a beautiful day. This tour is apparently amazing and so much better then the previous one. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

I am yelling and falling to the floor and crying too! But only because I wish I was coming along! Have a great evening and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I have a music monday up too!
I know, I know, don't fall on the floor...

Fourier Analyst said...

OK, now I can't wait for the next post!!!