Thursday, January 18, 2007

I swore never to do it

I wasn't going to compare them.

I wasn't going to talk about bodily functions.

But this cannot go without mentioning.

My guys, my six-year-old guys, are still incapable of "holding it". When they realize they have to go to the bathroom, it causes absolute panic. They scream bloody murder until they get to a bathroom, or at least a bush on the side of the road. And that has been done. On the side of very, very busy highways. With me declaring that if our van is hit they are responsible. Start that therapy fund now. For all of us.

So my daughter, my sweet, smart, funny, sophisticated daughter, has started to officially "potty train". She is 2 years old, 8 months and 26 days. Her brothers started (yes on the same day) at 3 years, 3 months and 3 days (I kid you not). Blessedly they actually finished it all in 5 days. She's taking a bit longer. But that is all forgiven in light of this actual event.

Tonight, after we got in the van to go get her brothers, she announced she needed to go back into her school to "go potty". We were late to get them. I asked her to wait. Blessedly she said "o.k." and sang along to YMCA (played 5 times). It took us about 15 minutes to get to their school. I expected her pants, underwear and seat to be wet. Soaking wet. I was just grateful she didn't scream the entire ride.

She was dry.

Completely

bone

dry.


"Honey. Do you want to use the bathroom in your brothers' school?"

"Yes."

And she did.

How can a two and a half year old girl keep her wits about her with a full bladder while two six year old boys can't?

No comments: