Thursday, July 26, 2007

She's leaving


Yup. Jenn is leaving China this week.



And if you haven't clicked Heart to Heart Talk over on the right, you should. And spend an hour going through her photographs. They alone will make you wish you could live Jenn's life.


Jenn has spent the last 10 months on a Fullbright Scholarship studying women and work. From the about section of her blog she explains, "My one sentence topic description is 'how rapid economic development and reemerging traditional cultural beliefs are currently affecting women’s work.'"


Yes. She is a smart as she sounds. But she isn't one of these people who grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth. Her life experience is varied and textured. It gives her a perspective few of us are capable of having.

But the most exciting thing for me? I get to give her a hug when she returns.

While we worked in the same office for more than a year, we didn't really know each other. Before she left the country she gave me some blogging tutorials. But our friendship really bloomed over this near-year. And while I am sad that she won't be in China for now, I'm glad to have her back.


Because maybe she'll give me some photo tutorials.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Just went and looked. Loved the photos. What an amazing journey.

Anonymous said...

Awww!

Thank you for all the emails while I've been here. And all the blog support.

See you soon! (Really soon!)

Adventures In Waitressing said...

Awe.. glad your friend is returning.. off to check out her blog now.

Jenn in Holland said...

And here I am with the envy dripping out of my fingertips...
Hug her twice for me, okay? She's been an incredible find (through you, thank you very much) and an amazing blogging/email friend.
Lots of love and luck to Jenn as she returns stateside, and glasses up to a newly bonded and continuing friendship! Hoera!

Jen said...

I'll definitely stop by Heart to Heart. What an adventure for your friend. And the photos are gorgeous.