Thursday, April 09, 2009

Sith

"Mom! Our new coach said a bad word after a game last year."

This announcement was made in the car on the way to soccer practice. The boys are now on a travel soccer team. Don't get me started on the fact that second graders are now traveling to other towns to play soccer. I didn't start playing town soccer until third grade. However, the boys love that they are on this team of mostly third graders and I think the experience will be good for them. They have joined a team that played last year and clearly the "old-timers" wanted to let the new-comers know what they are in for.

So back to the bad word.

"What did he say?" I asked.

"I can't repeat it" he said cautiously as he glanced back at his younger sister.

"She's not paying attention" I assured him.

He lowers his head and leans forward.

"Sith" he tells me in a stage whisper.

"Sith?" I confirm.

He gets all worried. "Yes."

"Ohhhh...." I mutter as the light changes.

He thinks for a minute. "Isn't that a name too?"

"You mean 'Seth'? That is a different word."

"Oh. But our coach said a bad word."

Yes. He did.

Sith.

2 comments:

Goofball said...

hehe :)


as long as they keep telling you when others say bad words, I assume they are not tempted to use them themselves

Jenn in Holland said...

Oh, shoot! Sith is on the list of bad words too? Man, I am gonna have to clean up my mouth for sure!

Cute post. I heart your kids.