Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Newest Member of our Family

Hello world,

Cannot tell you how long it took to finally get my paws on the keyboard.




The humans think I was born in January of this year, somewhere in Virginia. They also think I'm part black lab and some type of hound. Maybe a coonhound. Like the one banned from Nantucket last week.



I was found wondering around and brought to a shelter. One that would kill me if I wasn't adopted in so many days. I'm afraid of any floors that are white. The humans I live with think that is because I was scared in the Virginia shelter.

In the Virginia shelter different humans found me and drove me for a long time to a different type of shelter. One that would let me live until the right humans found me.

And the right ones came to the shelter when it was warmer outside (I'm told it was July). The little ones crawled into the crate I was in while I hid in the corner. The bigger human (he's really big) liked a different dog. One that jumped and crawled all over the little ones. But those little ones just kept saying they wanted me.

They wanted me.

So here I am. With my family.



from,
Zeke

6 comments:

Jen said...

Awe, Zeke, you are a total cutie! And you picked such a great family to join!

Heather said...

He is absolutely adorable!

Goofball said...

Hi Zeke, nice to meet you! You sound like a good blogger. Will we get to learn of your new adventures with the humans that have adopted you?

Fourier Analyst said...

Hey Zeke, I think it is very nice of you to share your bed with one of the humans. They can be pretty demanding at times and it will take a while to train them, but they are totally worth it in the end!


Just stay away from the red cowboy boots...

Brillig said...

Oh my gosh, it makes me want to cry when I think of it all from his perspective. He's darling, and I'm so happy for him that you and yours love him!

Unknown said...

Oh whatta cutie! And HI, how are ya??