Monday, July 14, 2008

While riding the Eurorail

Music Monday at Soccer Mom in Denial


In May of 1990, while riding the Eurorail through France, Germany and other parts of Europe, Lisa Stansfield was all the rage on the radio.

The radio of every cafe, youth hostel and newstand was playing Lisa Stansfield. It brings me back to a time when I traveled with 2 changes of clothes and everything I needed fit into a small backpack. I just looked at a train display in a rail station and picked where I wanted to go. It was a month of bliss.




Does a song just bring you back in time? Or is there a tune that makes you smile?

Do share.

7 comments:

Goofball said...

oh yes that has been a big hit!

I've seen her performing once. She is a very powerful live singer. too bad we don't hear much from her anymore


(by the way, some of your buttons don't appear anymore in my I.E. brower: singular saturday, looking into and music monday only give a square with a little red cross....just so you know).

Jen said...

Some make me smile and some give me energy, but definitely, there are songs that bring me right back.

AB said...

I'm not sure how the linky thing works...

"What is Love" Haddaway - Always makes me think of clubbing in Europe on my first trip (college exchange) back in 1994.

AB said...

Oh, yeah....not to forget anything by Ace of Base that year and "I like to move it" (Reel to reel)

Heather said...

I think there are several songs that bring me back...especially songs from when I was in high school and college.

Korie said...

my post was up on Monday but I didn't get back in front of the comp to link it till today.

Anonymous said...

Do you know "Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing, Baby" but Marvin Gaye and Tammy Terrel?

THAT song takes me back to when I was a wee little boy... about 1967 or 68 This was just before my parents divorced. It is my first memory of a song.

We used to hear it on the radio when all five of us were together, with my parents in the front seat, singing.

It is the only happy memory I have of us as an intact family.

It has only been in the last few years that the song stopped reducing me to tears.