Friday, August 11, 2006

Me too

I couldn't get my two-year-old to fall back to sleep to "finish" her nap. Finish being relative since she only needed half an hour that day while I needed her to sleep for much longer, like half the day.

I wrestled with her on my bed, asking, begging, pleading with her to go to sleep. "No" she would yell. Over and over. "I go dow-stairs! I GO DOW-STAIRS!"

Then after 10 minutes she bellowed "I wanna go to Margaret's! I wanna go to MARGARET'S!"

I nearly fell out of the bed. Margaret is my friend I saw almost once a week with my twins for over 4 years until last fall. I haven't spent much time with her since my work scheduled changed to 4 1/2 days a week. I miss her terribly. Out of the blue, my daughter yelled out what I had thought for months.

Me too, baby girl. I wanna go to Margaret's too.

No comments: