Monday, April 14, 2008

Beautiful Day

Music Monday at Soccer Mom in Denial




I've got a bunch of songs going through my head these days in honor of spring trying so hard to come to this part of the world, in honor of our Selectman candidate winning (read his speech) the most votes, and of walking to church yesterday morning, in spite of the grey skies and chill that still hangs in the air.



The freshness of spring is coming. The freshness of new ideas is coming to our town.




Hello lamppost, what cha knowing?
I've come to watch your flowers growing.
The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feeling Groovy), Simon and Garfunkel




It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
It's a beautiful day
Beautiful Day, U2


Sunny Day
Sweepin' the clouds away
On my way to where the air is sweet
Can you tell me how to get,
How to get to Sesame Street?



Singing a song? Has something amazing happened that is perfectly captured by a tune? Do share. And share the love back by linking explicitly to me....

11 comments:

Flower Child said...

That's so exciting that your guy won! Yay!

Heather said...

Gosh they keep saying that we're going to have Spring around here too, but I haven't seen it yet!

I miss flowers and green grass!

Simon and Garfunkel...love it!

Jen said...

Congrats! My post Tuesday is going to be about being ACTIVE citizens! And I love both the 59th St. Bridge Song and certainly Beautiful Day by U2. I'm so glad your candidate won!

painted maypole said...

i have a music post brewing (in addition to my post about the French Quarter Festival that i wrote Sat), so I may just play along. it's hard with my MOnday Missions, but maybe I'll get a post up late in the day on Monday. ;)

Jenn in Holland said...

All are perfect sentiments to what I can see is a lovely mood! Yay for you!
Yay for the new selectman! Yay for spring trying to break through!
I kinda feel like singing...

Korie said...

Great songs! And thanks for the flowers...it is sleeting here right now so I appreciate those pictures even more.

janey jay said...

Hooray for your new selectman! And the 59th Street Bridge Song is a huge favorite around our house with young and old alike -- it's one of the very first songs I taught Will.

Luisa Perkins said...

These are all fantastic songs; Colin Hay's "Beautiful World" would go well with this trio.

Congrats to your selectman!

(And who are the people who are doing Music Monday and NOT linking back to you? LAME.)

Anonymous said...

Glad your candidate won! Hope springs eternal!

painted maypole said...

i did it! my first music monday!

Brillig said...

Ahhhh, now my head is full of fantastic songs. Indeed, what an amazing day you've described (and photographed)! :-D