Tuesday, June 09, 2009

She should bring more often - Part II

Last year I wrote about how my daughter nearly accosted a woman at a clothing warehouse sale for a women's skirt for me. She charged up to this stranger and asked "Can my mommy have that skirt?" I hadn't even seen it yet so I didn't even know if I would like it.

The woman wouldn't relinquish the skirt but did find the very last one in the warehouse and gave it to me. It was turned into one of my favorite pieces of clothing.

This past weekend was the annual summer clothes sale at the warehouse. I brought along little lady and she patiently went through all the color-coordinated racks with me and eventually I had several items in my hands that she insisted I tried on. I actually had five from her and five I picked.

Two of the items she suggested looked great on me. She was too busy climbing inside the shelving or chatting with the woman trying to keep the changing are tidy to notice but she gets the credit for finding them.

When I had narrowed down my purchases I decided to make one more sweep of the warehouse and a woman I didn't know stopped me to ask for my opinion. I told her my choice between two shirts and then she noticed my daughter in her brightly colored patchwork short shorts and completely different colored peace-emblem shirt along with her bright yellow plastic shoes from her Woodstock costume.

"I love her daughter's clothes! I dress like that too!" This woman was in her 50's at least.

She then got my daughter's attention and asked her what her opinion was on the shirts and every other item. She narrowed down her choices based on my 5-year-old daughter's suggestions, left items behind and went to the cash register with the clothes my kid picked.

I'm still incredulous.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love that. I think I need her services too.

Jen said...

Looks like she has a very, very strong aesthetic sense.

Brillig said...

Hahaha! That's awesome! Do you think she'd mind shopping with me? i could really use her help...

Goofball said...

that's so great!