Thursday, March 29, 2007

Tagged twice

First, I must apologize to the patient and talented Kate who tagged me months ago. I explained to her that I don't "do" chains. As in those emails which say if they are not passed along to everyone you know you will either 1) have bad luck for 7 years or 2) your favorite pet will die. Guess what? I never pass those around and have been o.k. (accept my parents' dog died recently. Hmmmm).

So I plead ignorance to the blogging community for not getting it. These exchanges are fun ways to get to know each other and break up the monotony of another cute kid story or rage against the machine.

I was picked by both Gunfighter and Jodifur (I think on the same day) to:

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what they are. They must be songs you are presently enjoying. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

Only seven songs? I cannot tell you how hard it is. I am seriously into music. Those iPod ads with everyone dancing? I have to restrain myself to not boogie on down the road. Or on the commuter train.

And I am picking the tunes that both me and my kids are into. Can you guess which is which?

1.




John Legend - Save Room

2.



Cyndi Lauper - True Colors

3.



Erasure - Love to Hate You

4.



New Order - World in Motion

5.



Ladysmith Black Mambazo - Hello My Baby

6.



High School Musical - Stick to the Status Quo

7. My profound apologies to New Orleans. The band's name is so wrong but the song is so right.



Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine

Forgive me though for not passing the torch. Most of you were already tagged with this one and the few remaining ones either have a distinct shtick or style or just haven't posted in, oh, a year.

(And a huge thank you to Jodifur both for the inspiring layout and lessons on how to insert videos. Your patience was saint-like.)

9 comments:

jodifur said...

yeah, I'm so glad you did it! And it worked!

Anonymous said...

hehe I am so a want to dance in the streets kind of gal too!

Great songs! I am glad you enjoyed the meme!

Alex Elliot said...

My husband and I both enjoyed your list of songs!

Anonymous said...

Yep. Some of these are on the list around here too. Actually, anything from HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL hits the playlist quite often.
Way to go on inserting video. I sure wish I knew how to do that. Are you up for a training lesson?

Kate said...

OK.... I forgive you.

But what great taste in music you have! And hmmm, as for which ones you are into, I would have to guess Erasure. Following your blog for months now, I do know Erasure is like your favorite band on earth, right?

soccer mom in denial said...

Kate - I am so glad I'm forgiven. I'm one of those folks that carries guilt for weeks!

And actually the Erasure song is a shared one! I've ensured my children have a love for all things Andy Bell. Of course, my husband is a tad bitter to have to walk through the grocery store with the kids singing "How I love to hate you!"

Jenn in Holland - I can think of no better way to repay Jodifur than to share the knowledge. I'll email it to you. It is easy.

Anonymous said...

Hey soccer mom-
I would really appreciate that. I did post one (I think you saw) but it was automatic through the youtube site and I would really like to know how to do multiple videos like you did in this post. So cool.
Tnanks for the support! You can find me here:
aeinoyou at yahoo dot com

Gunfighter said...

Walking on SUnshine!!!!!!!


I have loved that song forever!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I use to refuse to do stuff like this too, but it can be fun.

Especially when it is music related. I always like to know what people are listening to because I might find something new. I also think it tells you a lot about a person.

<3