Thursday, October 09, 2008

Everything is packed

The clan hasn't been on a trip in a while. A whole 38 days since we returned from our summer vacation in another part of the country.

Now we are off. On a plane. To a different time zone.

The bags are packed. The Elvis lyrics are printed out (just wait till you hear about the latest convert to all things Elvis). We've survived daily (hourly?) qestions of "today? today?" for the last two weeks. Ballet clothes and piano music is packed (you never know when you will be able to practice). Running gear is all clean and ready to be put to the test.

We are going to the Windy City.

But I won't be sharing the exploits from that trip for a little while because every day next week I will be celebrating all things Free to Be You and Me. I hope you will come with me....


4 comments:

Peter H. Reynolds said...

Allison! Thanks for sharing the Free to Be book and message. A lot of us grew up with the book and its message is as relevant today as it was 35 years ago. I was honored to be asked by Marlo Thomas to not only create the cover, but to sprinkle art and design throughout the book while preserving many of the gems from the original.

cathouse teri said...

I love Marlo's Free to Be!

painted maypole said...

i have loved, loved, loved Free to Be since I was a kid - we used to listen to it on long car trips. i didn't see the movie until I was in college, and far preferred the pictures in my own brain

Goofball said...

have a fun trip