Thursday, February 01, 2007

In another voice about a mundane topic

Today I was suppose to be visiting another blog but something happened to my hostess (I hope she's o.k.). The charge was to write in "another" voice. Can you guess who?

I’d be so proud
If the kids had found
That eating green vegetables
Would make them strong.

I don’t like cooking
I just stand there looking
At the limp raw chicken
Sitting in the kitchen.

But a diet well-rounded
The doctors have all hounded
Should be aspired
And highly touted

And hiiiiiigh-ly touted!

I don’t usually write in rhyme but this month’s charge was to write in a famous person’s voice. Can you guess who I am copying? When not attempting bad lyrics, I am a working mother with three kids and often pine for those days in middle school when I sang in operettas(really the only thing I enjoyed about middleschool). Go to http://www.theblogexchange.net/ to learn more about the exchange.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I am artistically stunted I am clueless ... But it sounds so cute!

Sorry your exchange partner did not work out :( Your an awesome partner!

Kara said...

Shel Silverstein?

Ambassador said...

Ah, the homage to William Schwenk Gilbert (of Gilbert & Sullivan fame; Mikado, HMS Pinafore, Pirates of Penzance, et al.)...

My first thought was that you were going for Dr. Seuss, but the last high note at the end gave it away.

Nicely done, my dear! Your ever-in-the-know-theatre-fag, the Ambassador

soccer mom in denial said...

I can count on my favorite gay man to even know his middle name!!

Stuntmother said...

Darn, someone else guessed first! I thought it was a beautifully clear G&S homage and what fun to read!

Hoorah hoorah.

Anonymous said...

I had no clue, obviously.

But very creative. Woot to a non Britney or related persons post.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea who it was but enjoyed it non the less.

Kate said...

Sorry to hear about your exchange partner :( What happened?

Nice rhyming -- love the lyrics! I can't help but envision a whole broadway production in my head....

soccer mom in denial said...

According to an email, she was very sick and heading back to bed. I hope all is better!!

And Kate, we missed you at the Exchange this month. I can only guess what you could've come up with.

Alex Elliot said...

I didn't know who you were, but I enjoyed reading it. By the way, I think we must read some of the same blogs, because I see your comments a lot :)