Monday, October 27, 2008

Coming to this one late: I Got it (What you Need)

Over a year ago, a certain large chain of coffee shops starting handing out cards with codes to redeem on a certain music site that starts with a vowel.

That is how I have come to learn about a variety of musicians included Hillary McRae and James Hunter. Getting a couple of their songs for free has led me to buy their CDs. Clearly I am in the demographic the large coffee shop attempts to influence.

But this song from 2007 just makes me outright smile. I Got it (What you Need) by Galactic and Lyrics Reborn pairs a Los Angeles rapper with a New Orleans funk band.





In case you don't catch them my favorite two nuggets are:

I got Girls Gone Wild
Cab drivers Gone Wild
Rabbis Gone Wild
Presidents Gone Wild
But hey - that's just 3 months of old CNN


And:

I'll take gold cards, Chase Cards, green cards, the race card
And anything legal tender
with a white man in the middle of it


Any song making you laugh about the state of our world right now?

Music Monday at Soccer Mom in Denial



5 comments:

Jenn in Holland said...

Oh, man, that was just what I need(ed)!! Fantastic wake up song this morning. And yeah, some real nuggets of good lyric there.

Unknown said...

My dear! You just need to pay more attention to the Greeblemixes! ;)

Jamuary 2008

Unknown said...

And I need to learn how to spell JANUARY!

soccer mom in denial said...

I know Aimee. I know. My life would be so much fuller/richer if only I paid more attention.

And I never know how to spell January.

Jen said...

Hmmm... "Hey Sarah Palin"?

Amy Poehler's rap?

I'm listening to very calming music right now, actually. Very......
caaaaallllllmmmmmmiiiinnnnnnngggggg