Little lady had her 5th birthday party over the weekend. Preparing for this, surviving a big week at work and recovering from our family drive through the American South (complete with 14 hours of driving through 8 states on the final day) led to my lack of blogging last week.
Several months ago a colleague who is also a friend took me and my daughter to a belly dancing recital. My daughter never sucked her thumb nor had a regular object of her affection. She loves her belly button. When she goes to sleep she rubs her belly button. So for her to discover a dance dedicated to her favorite part of her body was a revelation. And the perfect birthday party.
My friend came in full costume and led belly dancing with the kids. It was fun, spirited and exciting. The girls all joined in. The boys played drums. Before they ran off to play pirate. But a great time was had by all.
And as is our family custom no goodie bags were given. Just a CD of some of her favorite songs from the past year.
- Funky Town - Lipps Inc.
- Barack Obama - Michael Franti & Spearhead
- Single Ladies - Beyonce
- Jai Ho - Slumdog Millionaire
- Furry Happy Monsters - REM
- Funky Bahia - Sergio Mendes
- Everybody's Changing - Keane
- Just Can't Wait - The J. Geils Band
- Love will never do - Janet Jackson
- Copacabana - Barry Manilow
- Defying Gravity - from the musical Wicked
- Hippy Chick - Soho
- She Loves Me - Madagascar
- Candy Girl - New Edition
- It's Raining Men - The Weather Girls
Wiggled your belly lately?
Please join in Music Monday. Just remember if you plan to use little Mr. Linky below, write a post about music and link back to me. Music always makes Monday a bit more fun.