David Beckham came to town this weekend and threw a birthday party for my boys.
Well, not exactly. We bought the New England Revolution birthday party package and brought four soon-to-be third graders with our family. I picked the date partly because one the availability of one of these young friends. Little did I know what a big deal it was that we were going to see David Beckham and the LA Galaxy play our beloved Revs.
These guys knew. They were up ALOT complaining about the ref, the plays, etc. And while the Revs lost, the boys seemed pretty happy. One young guest even declared in the van coming home, "that was STILL a GREAT night!"
And as is our family custom, the boys gave out 9th Birthday Mix CDs. And I think the parents were more excited than the party-goers.
- Pride (In the Name of Love) - U2
- Everybody's Changing - Keane
- Just Can't Wait - The J. Geils Band
- I Thought I Lost You - from the movie Bolt
- City of Blinding Lights - U2
- Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley
- A Little Less Conversation - Elvis Presley
- Beautiful Day - U2
- Candy Girl - New Edition
- More Than a Feeling - Boston
- I'm a Believer - Smash Mouth
- Let My Love Open the Door - Pete Townshend
And in a few weeks we're going to give the boys their BIG birthday present - hint, hint - it involves someone on this list.
Any of these songs strike your fancy?
Sorry for the lack of Linky Love. Leave a comment if you want me to list you.
Also making music on Monday: