Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Three years of blogging

Sunday, August 9th was my three year anniversary of blogging.

The first year was just bumbling and fumbling, of getting my blog-legs, of writing for me.

The second year was when I really "got" it - go comment on other blogs so you will get lots of comments on yours.

The second year was also when I "got" them - an insanely wonderful group of friends that have become even closer. I just can't envision my life without you all.

This past year was one of retrenching, of writing for me, of barely venturing out and commenting on other blogs. I'm back where I started. Writing for me. Thanks to those of you who keep coming back and reading even when I take long breaks or don't visit for months.

And just to be super vain, here is my pick of top posts from the last 12 months:

When you Take Boys to a Triathlon

Started and Ended with a Funeral

Travel to You the South Carolina Mix

Determined Pointed Toes

Get Out of My House Lady Gaga

Happy Birthday Darling (Daughter's birthday letter)

Peanuts, a Blanket and Yellow Feathers

130 Songs

Stories from History

La

Writing the Bee Tree

How a Park Should be

"Go Kill the Yellow Man"

Love more (Boys' birthday letter)

What did I miss?

8 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats on 3 years!

Heather said...

Congratulations on three wonderful years!

Ambassador said...

Funny...I actually started blogging before you, but for entirely different reasons. I just can never keep up with it.

Congrats! Glad I made the list in some fashion. Hugs!!

Kate said...

Congratulations on 3 years!! What a milestone. I remember when we first starting conversing!

Jen said...

CONGRATS, SMID! I'm not even sure when I started... how's that? I'm glad you're back to writing for you. I think that's really the only way to go. Even now, with the writing gig, I think that's the only way to go.

Brillig said...

Happy Bloggiversary! Three years! That's huge! I'm glad for the year that you ventured out, because that's when I met you and I can't imagine Bloglandia without you. I've been slow to make the blog-rounds this year too. But I still try to visit my dear SMID whenever I get the chance!

Jenn in Holland said...

Happy 'versary! I agree that it's the "got them" which is one of the great rewards of blogging!
I'm sure glad I got you, babe!

Alex Elliot said...

Congratulations on three years! Reading your email reminded me of when we went to The Belfry and of course the fam and I just had to go there! I hadn't been back since I met you there.