Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Armor museum

Last month, my brother and sister-in-law did their annual holiday trek across the country to visit 97 family and friends in 10 days (only a slight exaggeration).

Much to my surprise and the kids' joy, we got them for an entire day. Uninterrupted.

This is the special aunt who caused the boys at age 2 years old to scream at the top of their lungs at the entrance of a fine arts museum because they were so excited to see her. This is the uncle who buys the cool shirts. These are the folks I flew across the country to visit for a long weekend so they could spend time with their then 8-month-old niece. I love these folks.

So what did we do after picking up the boys from the half day of school before Christmas vacation? We took a road trip to an armory museum an hour from our house.





It was terrific. I love bizarre museums. Do you have any?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful afternoon. The museum sounds so fun!

Anonymous said...

The only exageration is that I think we were home for nine days, not ten.