Monday, February 23, 2009

It WON!!

Slumdog Millionaire won the Oscars for

Best Picture
Best Director
Best Adapted Screenplay
Best Cinematography
Best Editing
Best Sound Mixing
Best Original Score

and Best Original Song.

So a repeat of "Jai Ho" from Slumdog Millionaire.





Like I said before, the soundtrack is just terrific. I even have my 4 year old daughter dancing to it.

Like I also noted before this is a fun soundtrack for a movie about, in part, the brutal treatment of poor children. But in the end it is a movie about living with hope. The hope of love and a better life. I believe that is what the Oscars were honoring.

Music Monday at Soccer Mom in Denial



Did you stay up late too for the Oscars? What did you think about it? Like the format? Liked Hugh?

Please join in Music Monday. Just remember if you plan to use little Mr. Linky below, write a post about music and link back to me. Music always makes Monday a bit more fun.



But if you plan on posting an advertisement, I will delete your link as well as your comment. Just don't bother.

3 comments:

Goofball said...

yeah it's a great soundtrack. Jan's been playing it for me as well. I love Bollywood music anyway, have some CD's on my iPod.

Jen said...

I still haven't seen it, but plan to. I love the scene you posted! I also was fascinated with many of the pre-Oscar interviews.

I love Hugh. Always. (Maybe especially because I didn't see Australia!).

I watched part of the Oscars and then fell asleep - still recuperating.

Flower Child said...

awesome! Jai Ho!