Songs that make her dance.
That is the subtitle of the CD I gave out to 5 three- and four-year olds at the birthday party on Saturday. As I've noted before, I am on a one mother campaign against the ridiculous
crap stuff that is given to children in crap "goodie" bags at birthday parties.
So, as has been tradition since my boys were 2 (they are now big 7 1/2 year olds), we gave out CDs with the songs that were my daughter's favorites throughout the past year. Some of you, I'm sure, will recognize them and the significance they have played during our daughter's third year.
- Really Rosie - Carole King from Really Rosie
- The Look of Love - ABC
- Sing - Annie Lennox
- True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
- Blue Savannah - Erasure
- Mamma Mia - Abba
- Seasons of Love - Rent The Musical (because she is singing it too - during snack at school)
- World In Motion (Carabinieri Mix) - New Order
- There's Always A Way - LazyTown
- Our Lips are Sealed - The Go-Go’s
- Walking In Memphis - Marc Cohn
- Love Song - Sara Bareilles
- Take On Me - a-ha
- Alligators All Around - Carole King from Really Rosie
So what would your kids' birthday CD look like this year? Or better yet, pick a year from your childhood and tell me what songs would be on your birthday CD.
Or just sing me any ol' tune.