Sunday, July 08, 2007

Cleaning house

Tags. They really are tough for me. I have these plans for what the week's worth of posts will look like and - bam - someone publicly hands me a task. One poor person gave me one months ago that I just couldn't fulfill (I mean I take ALL of my goals seriously!). Sorry.

There are three in the cue. Here's the first one.

The Rules:

Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.

  • Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.

  • Players should tag eight other people and notify them that they have been tagged.
Eight random things about me:

1. I read Gone with the Wind between 5th and 6th grade. When I wrote that what-I-read-over- summer-vacation 2 page essay (they didn't assign books back then), my teacher didn't believe me.

2. I was one of the two murderous, spinster maids in Arsenic and Old Lace in my senior class play.

3. I was in a movie with Daniel Day Lewis.

4. Growing up I was teased for not having a "girl" middle name - my middle name is Mitchell.

5. I miss reading books. There are not enough hours in the day to be a mom, work and blog.

6. I was set up on a blind date by someone I met on an airplane. The man I met on that blind date? Mr. SMID.

7. When I entered college my parents told me not to "darken the door of the theater department". I joined the crew team.

8. I believe that the government can play a role in making people's lives better and that the conservatives have done a grave disservice spreading a small government message. Do you like having clean water to drink, cook with and bath your sweet precious children in? Do you appreciate roads that are paved? Do your parents or grandparents like the universal health care (aside from the Republicans creating prescription "coverage") that the government provides? Thank big government.


So now I am suppose to pass this along. Guess what? If you are reading this and think "hmmm I would just love to do this" then considered yourself tagged. Just be sure to let me know you did it and I'll highlight you at the end of upcoming posts.

13 comments:

Jenn in Holland said...

Woo-hoo SMID!
Love your #8. Love you for that matter.
I used the word "serene" in a poem in 5th grade, and the teacher (a substitute) accused me of plagarizing. HUH!

Alex Elliot said...

Wow! A stranger set you up with another stranger who you later married? What a great story. Are we still on for this week?

Gunfighter said...

Damn, you are the second operson unhappy with the aforementioned tag.

I won't do it again (even though I liked your answers.

Lady M said...

I finally caught with my memes today - whew.

I raced crew in college too, except I was the coxswain.

soccer mom in denial said...

JiH - I always knew you were using other people's words!

AE - clearly I need to write about that AND YES! Friday still?

GF - Don't get me wrong, I like it when the tag comes with something pretty like a button for the right side of the screen.

Lady M - you are one little Lady then if you were the coxswain! And you are also a show-off about being caught up with your memes.

Fourier Analyst said...

Okay, now I'm really weirded out (I know, I'm making up words again!). Your middle name is my last name (I kept my maiden name after marriage). Pretty soon we're going to have to start a meme about the random things we have in common! But first we have to figure out how to "return the favor" for GF!!

Brillig said...

Okay, see, this leaves me dying to know the back-stories. The crucible? Seriously? Blind date arranged through a stranger on an airplane? Not allowed to darken the door of the theater department? Great stuff here...

soccer mom in denial said...

Ok -

THANK YOU BRILLIG! What NONE of you wanted to hear about my great cinematic scene with Danial Day Lewis?!?!?

But yes, clearly I need to write the "how we met" story. Being set up by a complete stranger was only the beginning of one crazy night.

Adventures In Waitressing said...

Awesome 8 facts. I might just have to do this under my Drama Queen site. I did it back to Teri. But was in response to hers. No usually a tag kind of gal. But I like this one.

Rebecca said...

were you really in a movie with Daniel Day Lewis - The Crucible no less??

Tell us more....

Real Life Drama Queen said...

Had to pop back in to say.. I did it. Thanks for adding me as one of your blogs you like to read. Many Thanks

Adventures In Waitressing

jodifur said...

Just did the meme!

Anonymous said...

Daniel Day Lewis? Before he began to lose his hair or after?
Snakes on a Plane was a flop but Dates on a Plane could be next year's feel good movie. I'm seeing Meg Ryan (Is she still alive, did her lips fall off yet?) and Matt Damon. (Maybe that's wrong, maybe she's old enough to be his mother?)