Sunday, July 01, 2007

In My Child's Eyes

Belief, nothing more, nothing less.

For the rest of my days I want to look into those eyes, one set a deep indigo, the other an icy blue, and see belief.

I want them to believe in love, so I work at it everyday with their dad.

I want them to believe in holding hands, so I offer mine and take theirs.

I want them to believe in doing what you love, so I pursue my dreams.

I want them to believe in themselves, so we celebrate their wins and their better-luck-next-times.

I want them to believe that I did my best, so I do.

Not yet a soccer mom, but guilty of the odd bit of denial, Amanda usually writes about life with her two girls and their equally blue eyed dad over at The Wink. Scoot on over to catch up with Allison and her delicious Blog Exchange post. Be sure to catch all the other incredible writers featured in the July Blog Exchange .

10 comments:

Jenn in Holland said...

Amanda-
This is so beautiful. Simple and elegant, and every word of it truth.

Alex Elliot said...

Very well written!

Heaven said...

Love it, great job.

Amanda said...

Thanks for letting me take a turn here at the Soccer Mom in Denial abode. You've been a great partner and I love how you've made my regular readers laugh!

Gunfighter said...

Very nice, Amanda!

Jennifer said...

Belief, this is true. I never thought of it this way.

Damselfly said...

Sheesh, you get me every time....

Anonymous said...

I love this! Baby eyes are so beautiful, and all the hope that we see is so moving.

Jessica R. said...

Nicely said Amanda!

Lady M said...

Lovely!

It takes day after day, month after month to create that strength.