Friday, July 13, 2007

Taking over

Shhh..... don't tell anyone but this isn't your regular hostess.

It's the tooth fairy. I've decided to jump on to let you know that one of the boys lost a tooth this morning. It was funny because in the car he told his mother and brother that I have a huge microphone that hangs in the sky below my office. I listen in to find out who has lost a tooth.

He couldn't be more wrong.

I'm a FAIRY. It is all magic. And also so much more manageable. Sure, I have to do this every day, 365 days a year without a break. Those dudes - the one up North and bunny - have it so easy. One crazy day and they've got the rest of the year off. Santa has all those elves make the toys while he's off "strategizing" and rabbit threatens all the other rabbits to work on the eggs. Who do you think makes all those "lucky" rabbit feet key chains?

"You not gonna work fer me? I'm cutting off this foot. But first I'll dye it, and let you pick the color out. Oh, now you wanna work for me?"
But back to me and my magic. You see I already knew his tooth would come out this morning. I'll collect it and add it to all the others. Do you know what I do with the teeth? I grind them up and turn them into fairy dust.

Because what could be more magical than children's teeth? They still have the first laughter, words and kisses in them.

That's magic.

***
I was being nosy and reading some of those blogs she has listed over on the right. I saw that The Ambassador wrote up his list of Eight Interesting Things about Himself. He is interesting. I can attest that his baby teeth were very magical.

9 comments:

Alex Elliot said...

So what fabulous gift are you leaving him? I love your explanation for what you do with baby teeth.

soccer mom in denial said...

A shiny silver dollar. I hate these parents that swipe my dollar coin from under the pillow and put a $5 or even, $10. Grrrrr.....

Flower Child said...

better yet you should leave a quarter - and eventually he can collect all 50 states! of course, would be nice if DC got one but don't even get me started on that. how much you wanna bet the other one is going to lose a tooth tomorrow? and not by "natural" forces.

Brillig said...

Hahaha. I'm SO with you on the wicked parents who give out $5 and $10--and their wicked children who tell MY children about it!

Cute post, SMID!

Adventures In Waitressing said...

The five and ten is too much, takes away the magic. I loved this entry. Very adorable, made me smile. Thanks for stopping by Tooth Fairy.

Jenn in Holland said...

We love faeries at this house! You probably remember exchanging lots of pen pal notes with my daughter over the years, and I am sure you remember when my son left a note with his tooth asking you to "Please leave a Pokemon color version gameboy game" under his pillow instead of the $1. (Thanks for not doing that)
We all miss the notes in the garden from your cousin Amber, which used to come regularly in the days when first laughter and kisses were in our teeth!
Thanks for a great post, Tooth fairy. It's nice to hear from you!

Unknown said...

My hubby swears that we are going to have the Tooth Cowboy in our house. Not that he has anything against fairies, mind you - I think he just wants to dress up.

Jami said...

Funny you should mention EB. Years ago my son thought that he should help you out when things got busy because he only works one day a year. I guess you missed that suggestion because he wasn't talking about one of HIS teeth coming out.

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful wonderful post!
I can hardly wait till the tooth fairy comes to see us...wait my last comment was that I did not want my kids to grow up!