Thursday, May 29, 2008

Meet Big Papa and Blurper

What I found in the backpacks on Monday.

This week your only assignment is to make an insect project. The directions are attached. Please make sure your insect has the following:

6 legs
3 body parts: Head, Thorax and Abdomen
2 antennae

And what we finished tonight.

Describe your insect


Color: clear
Shape: Small barrel
Size: 3 1/2 inches
Movement: Walk
Sounds: blurp blurp
Insect's name: blurper


Color: brown, red, yellow, white
Shape: long tube
Size: 11 In
Movement: Walks
Sounds: "Slived eulb" ["Blue Devils" backwards in honor of Duke University, where my dad got his masters degree and to acknowledge the North Carolina head of the bug]
Insect's Name: Big Papa

5 comments:

Korie said...

Hehe, very cute. I love those types of school projects. Sooo much more fun than the research papers they'll be doing in a few years.

cathouse teri said...

I had to rearead that. I thought it said you had to make and "insane project."

I think my brain is broken.

The fact that the night my mother went into labor, she and my father were at the drive-in watching the movie "Psycho" might explain it.

Jen said...

Interesting insects. Similar bodies, though. Is that a twin thing? (Just joking).

painted maypole said...

love them!

Jenn in Holland said...

Hahahahahaha! I love that Big Papa
makes "slived eulb" sounds!
Hahahahahahaha!
Great projects boys! LOVE THEM.